I was in the hospital standing over my grandfather's bed when my mom looked up at me and said , "Amanda say good-bye." Right then and there I had falshbacks of all the conversations I ever had him with him. All the times he used to call and say "Amanda por que tu no me llamas..you know you need to call me." I thought to myself I wish I would have called him more. I wish I would have visited and helped him around the house more. Maybe if I was there I wouldn't be standing infront of his body with no life in him (if I only knew then what I now.)
I never said goodbye, but the pain and anger I felt became my motivation. My motivation to become something great, not just for me, not just for my family, but for my grandfather. The dream he had for me became the dream I have for myself. The truth is right now in this moment I am living my dream. I'm walking through life, as everyone else, with all the cracks and bumps in the road. I'm moving mountains that seem to hard to move, but I'm determined to get to the other side. I'm determined to make mistakes but never make them twice. My voice will be heard, people will be moved, people will know who I am. I will make a difference. For I am living my dream, I am living my grandfather's dream. My grandfather always use to say:
... "To know the way,
we go the way;
we do the way
the way we do
the things we do.
It's all there infront of you,
but if you try too hard to see it,
you'll only become confused.
I am me,
and you are you,
as you can see;
but when you do
the thing that you can do,
You will find the way,
and the way will follow you.
So my grandfathers dream is my dream. His words "mi vida you are my dream" has stuck with me and will stick with me to the end. Abuelo if you hear me I live for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment